Final-Round Birdies Give ‘Ream’ Myrtle Beach Am Win
Terry Ream dug deep on the final day to win the Myrtle Beach Amateur at TPC Myrtle Beach in a playoff.
Ream, from Reno, Nev., shot a net 71 (gross 74) to beat Chris Hebert by a stroke. Hebert, of Picayune, Miss., shot a gross 82 in the four-day, ninth-annual event in September.
Alexis Bennett won the women’s gross division title. Bennett, of Santee, topped Jill Pilkington of Lincoln., Neb., by six strokes.
Other Champions From the Event:
- David Hunt of Orlando, Fla., won the men’s gross division in an 18-hole playoff. He topped Danny Oh of Lewisville, Texas.
- Steve Crossland of Houston, Texas, won by eight in the men’s senior gross division. Fellow Texan, Russell Burnham of Dallas finished second.
- Mike Bivins of Boynton Beach, Fla., won the men’s mid-senior gross division. Charles Wilson of Cartersville, Ga., finished three shots back.
- In the pairs division, Keener and Matt Thurman of Rocky Mount, Va., combined for the win. They also earned a trip to Casa de Campo with unlimited golf.
What is the World Am?
Could you be a candidate to play in next year’s World Am in Myrtle Beach? This is a special golf tournament, a one-of-a-kind. If you love the rush of the weekly league play you’re in or a local Am Tour weekend, this is going to knock your socks off.
All players, from scratch golfers to 36 handicaps, can have a spot. It’s competitive, but also just plain fun. It’s one of the world’s biggest events for women, with more than 400 players.
Organizers put together flights by age, ability, and gender. You could wind up as the next champion in your division.
Fall Golf Events on the Grand Strand
You won’t have to go for long stretches without a tournament in Myrtle Beach. Here are the next ones coming up.
Can Am Cup — Team USA: Oct. 19-23
Come watch the U.S. (or Canada!) rack up the points in this Ryder Cup-style match-play event. It includes five days, four nights, and four rounds of golf. Courses include:
- Grand Dunes Resort Course
- True Blue
There will be a welcome reception on Oct. 19 at 7 p.m. at the Marina Inn. It also includes an awards luncheon after the final round at Grande Dunes.
9th Annual Short Par 4 Fall Classic:
Ride your season into late fall with this event. It’s 72 holes of various formats each day, on some of the Grand Strand’s best courses, including:
- Arrowhead Country Club
- Barefoot Resort Love Course
- Caledonia Golf & Fish Club
- Dye Club at Barefoot Resort
- Grande Dunes Resort Course
- Long Bay Golf Club
- Myrtle Beach National King’s North
- Pawleys Plantation
- Pine Lakes
- Prestwick Country Club
- River Club
- Rivers Edge Golf Club
- Thistle Golf Club
- True Blue Golf Club
- World Tour Golf Links
You’ll get to play four of these courses, for prizes and awesome gifts.
Plan Your Myrtle Beach Golf Getaway
Myrtle Beach is the golf capital of the world. It’s no surprise that golfers flock here every Fall to take on some of the world’s best courses. Let our team set up your itinerary while you relax and prepare for some amazing rounds! Get an Instant Golf Quote today!