There are lots of great places to play 18 holes in Myrtle Beach, more than 100 of them, in fact. But when it comes time to tackle the 19th hole for a fun post-round celebration, you have even more options.
Golf-themed restaurants and sports bars abound on the Grand Strand, but not all are created equal. A great round of golf calls for a great place to celebrate, and we’re here to point you in the right direction. Here’s a list of the top five places to commemorate your great round on the course with an even greater night off the links for a few celebratory rounds:
* Broadway at the Beach: After driving on the course all day, you don't want to drive all over town all night. Instead, go to a one-stop location like Broadway at the Beach, where you can eat, drink and be merry without having to call a cab until night's end. Start out with happy hour at Liberty Steakhouse & Brewery, go for a nice dinner at Key West Grill, Rioz, or the Tilted Kilt, then stroll over to Celebrity Square where you can go door to door at a dozen or so bars. Live music, dancing, sports pubs and country/western bars are only part of the lineup at Broadway.
* Handley's Pub: This English pub attracts an eclectic crowd of college kids, European transplants and, of course, golfers. Located in the Carolina Forest community near the Highway 501 corridor of courses, such as Legends Golf Resort and Myrtle Beach National, Handley's Pub provides a great atmosphere and a nice mix of people. The draft beer selection features a number of European imports and craft beers, and the food menu rivals any restaurant in the vicinity. Play billiards, darts and interactive video games, or simply relax with a cold one on the patio deck.
* Pine Lakes Tavern: Located only a short 3-wood away from Pine Lakes International Golf Club, the first of the more than 100 golf courses on the Grand Strand, this gastropub/sports bar provides the perfect setting for throwing back a few cold ones after your round. A wide selection of draft and craft beers and a creative menu that goes well beyond the standard bar-food fare make this a popular hangout for golfers, and the back porch offers a relaxing setting overlooking Pine Lake. Check for happy hour specials and live music.
* Quigley's Plate & Pint: The only microbrewery in Pawleys Island also happens to serve excellent food and cater to the golf crowd. Located near some of the top courses on the Grand Strand, including those on the historic Waccamaw Golf Trail, such as the River Club, Pawleys Plantation and Litchfield Beach Country Club, many golfers gather here after their rounds to have a few rounds of drinks. Happy hour features discounted apps and house brews, so buying the traditional drinks after a hole in one won't break you.
* Tee'd Off Bar & Grill: This Restaurant Row bar is a refuge for golfers. Located near popular courses such as Arcadian Shores, The Dunes Golf & Beach Club, Grande Dunes and Waterway Hills, Tee'd Off offers a full bar and food menu, as well as a high-tech arcade where you can work on your game or blow off some steam. An interactive golf simulator analyzes your swing and gives instant feedback for corrections, and games like pool, cornhole, darts and Golden Tee allow golfers to keep the friendly competition going after you leave the course.